Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Unlucky for Some/Diversions/The Quest for the Wholesale Pricetags.


So yes, the geekdom has begun in earnest. I have spent time and effort in advertising someone else's creation for my own entertainment. Someone else's creation which, I might add, I will probably not get my hands on for another year and a half (or two... or three). But it is so very pretty and making this sig (fairly crappy considering how time consuming it was) was fun. I can't wait for this game. I also can't wait for it's little sibling FFXII. Neither will be mine anytime soon however so I will entertain myself in otherways.
One such way is playing the games I already have. I confess to not having gone back to Tomb Raider, other than to collect some secrets I had missed, sicne getting stuck. Shame on me, it's not like I wont enjoy replaying the entire level. I also haven't gone back to Dragon Quest since I have been otherwise distracted. I have however continued with Silent Hill 4: The Room, which has got gradually better as it has progressed, but is still nowhere near as good as 2 or 3. Today I entered the hole in Henry's bathroom to find myself in the freakiest (and best) world yet, but still feel the game lacks something the others have, like darkness and certain more primal elements that come from fewer save points and more reliable weapons. The graphics are very pretty, though, and the music is some of the best in the series and the events that unfold in Henry's apartment itself are suitably freaky (more so than in the worlds, perhaps a sign of their flaws?).
Also, I finally got 24 - The Game - today. I had been intending to get it for a while, being quite a big fan of the series (although it's clearly going downhill), but I had other priorities and a spending ban restricting it's purchase. Today however I saw it from £20 and with a 10% student discount (that'll run out in another 2 or 3 months! - SHOCK) it became a very pleasing £17.99. I purchased it (along with a comic and two anime DVDs) accordingly. only played a little of it, and whilst some elements are dissapointing, it has much promise. The Green One has played more than I and his blog has a better review, so go there if you care to learn more.
Finally I watched episode 3 of season 2 of LOST tonight. That show really is the best thing on T.V. for years. You never know where it'll go next, you always care about what's happning to the characters, both in the present and the past, and the tantalising hints as to what's going on, as well as the disorienting links between the strangest of things, create a kind of modern fantasy that I just can't get enough of. I eagerly await the next episode, and the eventuall rewatching of season 1 when the DVD comes down yet further in price (it's currently £29.99, I'm aiming for £24.99 or less, though it's worth much more).
For a day in which not aot happened, I seem to have had a lot to say...

No comments: