Monday, May 08, 2006

Alone in the dark and enjoying the peace and quiet for a change.

I updated yesterday. It invovled a bus and srunk people and the revealing of underwear, but since blogger decided not to upload it at all in any way shape or form, you'll just have to do without. Poor you.
Today however... Well today wasn't exactly exciting. It involved remaining stuck in TR: Legend (I'm playing it on - since everyone said it was very easy - and am discovering that some bosses are nigh on impossible when you don't have a few health packs), playing Silent Hill 4: The Room and officially getting further than I ever have before by seeing a new cutscene (woot), wrapping presents for my brother and girlfriend who inconvenience me by sharing a birthday (I jest, such a coincidence actually makes my life easier as I'm terrible with dates - Happy Birthday both of you, you rock!) and fianlly watching Night Watch [Nochnoi Dozor] on DVD which I had purchased last week.
It made much more sense the second time around (although I throughly enjoyed it the first time, even with the confusion) and I'm left anxiously looking forward to Day Watch [Dvevnoy Dozor] whenever it feels fit to be released.
Watching it though I realised that I'm drawn to it by its use of dark, unpleasant environments and shifting horror realities, just as I am drawn to Silent Hill, in fact. Similarily I've recently seen some pictures and a trailer for the next Alone in the Dark game (a series I have never really played) and fell in love with it's dark otherworldy imagery incading the tenements of New York. I'm not sure whether I should be worried about this or not, but it has clearly influence my writing as Darksyde is very much in the same category. E-mail me, encourage me to write it and get it published and you can see for yourself.

No comments: