Friday, June 30, 2006

Erattatatat

Firstly, just to ammend yesterday's rant, I will get used to this haircut, and it isn't anywhere near as bad as it looked during that first moment of facial pallor when it was all too tidy and blow-dried, but I reserve the right to moan about it for a few days more.

Secondly, the parental units arrived today and the first small truckload of materials have made their way to the new flat. Okay, carload... but they were all DVDs, CDs and Games, which I thought was quite a feat. Tomorrow everything else must go, but not in a horrible SALE type way which might imply I was getting rid of them...

I watched the end of the X-Files season 4 last night and immediately had to watch the start of season 5. Gethsemane is a crueler than cruel episode, second, perhaps, only to Farscape's Bad Timing. I would never have slept if I hadn't at least gained partial closure from Redux I, and as it was I still struggled.

I wish I could write such cruelty. To have my readers hanging on tenter(sp?) hooks, waiting for the next installment. Time will tell I guess.

Oh and I wrote an entire post of the surprinslgy long running Background Chain Fiction, Kyuuketsu to Kessen (Bloodsuckers and Bloody Battles - about vampires, demons and clan wars in a fantasy version of Feudal Japan: Sengoku) using the syllable structure of a traditional japanese Renku (5, 7, 5, 7, 7). I'm not really sure it worked and there was no good reason for it. Also it was the hardest post of my life. Still it's something to blog about, right?

No comments: